Green Walnuts, the Key to Ratafia

At the end of June I made my first ratafia (a Catalan herbal liqueur), and I told you about it here.

At the beginning of August I bottled my ratafia after it had spent its regulation 40 days (a few more, actually) with the green walnuts and all the other aromatics.

At the time I wrote a post offering readers of this blog of ours, by prize draw, one of the 250 ml bottles I had. There were very few requests; I put it down to it being August, and to this blog getting very few comments for the number of visits it has, about 6,000 a month (we reached 8,800 in December 2008).

Now that summer is over and more people are reading the blog again, I'll take the chance to remind you: anyone who'd like to try the 3o4aldia ratafia I made, leave a comment, and at Christmas I'll hold a draw, without a notary, and send it to the winner.

I remembered the subject while going through this summer's photos; among many other things I found some photos I took of the green walnuts (the basis of ratafia) on the tree, that is, on my parents' walnut tree.

So there you go, there's still time to take part.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris