Homemade Thermomix Ketchup: Step-by-Step Recipe

Homemade ketchup
I like ketchup, what can I say. Some chips or a Spanish potato omelette with a bit of ketchup seem great to me. As with everything, there's ketchup and then there's ketchup; of the shop-bought ones, the one I like best is without a doubt Heinz.

I like cooking, and I can't see myself making a fairly elaborate dish and then pouring ketchup over it; in fact I only like it in the two cases mentioned above, both with potatoes. In a Thermomix cookery magazine I found the solution: a recipe for this well-known tomato sauce. Of course, putting homemade ketchup in an elaborate recipe changes things.

Homemade ketchup

Ingredients
1 kg tomatoes
150 g sun-dried tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
3 cloves
1 teaspoon pepper (5 peppercorns)
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Method
Wash the tomatoes well and put them, cut into quarters, in the Thermomix (or another container so you can blend them afterwards) with the salt. Blend very well (with the Thermomix, at progressive speed 5-7-9 for at least 1 minute).

Add the sun-dried tomatoes cut into strips (soak them in water for 10 minutes beforehand) and program 30 minutes at 90 degrees, speed 2.5.

Add the rest of the ingredients and program 20 more minutes at the same temperature and speed. Leave to cool completely. Depending on how much water the tomatoes have, it will be thicker or thinner. If it turns out too thick, you can add water and beat vigorously for a moment. If, on the other hand, it's too runny, just add 1 or 2 tablespoons of cornflour and program 5 minutes at speed 2.5. To get rid of the seeds you can pass it through a food mill, but I think it's more authentic this way.

In case you make it without a Thermomix, speed 2.5 is the same as stirring with a spoon.

Good luck.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris