Zucchini Carpaccio: Raw Courgette with Olive Oil, Lemon and Parmesan

Zucchini carpaccio

When you have good produce, success is guaranteed with just a little effort on your part.

At the weekend I was at my father-in-law's vegetable patch, and I picked a tiny zucchini to taste. My father-in-law tends to let them grow too big, and it's well known that the bigger they are, the worse.

In the photo you can see a zucchini the size of a pen. These (and even bigger ones) can be eaten raw at this time of year, as a carpaccio.

Just slice them very thinly and dress them with olive oil, a little lemon, some pepper and Maldon salt. Optionally, add a little Parmesan, grated or in shavings.

In such a simple dish, the key is that the ingredients are top quality. It'll be good if the zucchini is very tender and fresh and the oil is excellent — I'd recommend a fruity oil, for example from Arbequina olives — and the same goes for the pepper: freshly ground and of the highest quality.

I served them with some very good breadsticks I had.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris