Dinner for Two: Seared Tuna with Green Beans and Pesto

Seared tuna with green beans and pesto

The kids are back in Barcelona. They spent the whole summer with their grandparents, between Aín, a small village inland in Castellón, in the Serra d'Espadà Natural Park, and Tortosa — I suppose I don't need to say where that is (my inner Tortosa native coming out).

I'm back to dinners of vegetable soup and breaded chicken breast, and all the "finish your soup", "don't play with the bread", and so on.

Before they arrived, during the last week of the summer, my wife and I were already back at work in Barcelona, and I made this simple, tasty dinner: fresh tuna, lightly seared on the griddle, with green beans boiled for just 5 minutes and potatoes, dressed with pesto, pine nuts and all.

I took a photo and saw it again today. I like it, and I remember it was delicious — when you have good ingredients, cooking is very easy. The idea of dressing boiled vegetables with pesto came from a book by Carme Ruscalleda.

I like the photo because you can tell it's a dinner for two. Now there are four of us again, and everything's back to normal.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris