Orange Marmalade and Cream Cheese Crêpe
Today for dessert I made a crêpe with orange marmalade and Philadelphia cheese.
I've mentioned before that at home we eat crêpes at least once a week: the kids love them and they're very quick to make.
For savoury crêpes, the classic at home is the "bikini" crêpe (ham and cheese) — here is the post where I explain how I make it.
For sweet crêpes, the king at home is an alcohol-free version of the legendary crêpe Suzette. I make it with just (lots of) lemon and/or orange juice, a little of their zest, and sugar. As many of you will know, the original is flambéed with cognac.
Among the sweet ones, the banana and chocolate crêpe never fails either, nor does the more elaborate apple and Calvados crêpe, which is a 10 out of 10.
As for today's crêpe: if you make a crêpe and fill it with a little Philadelphia (or similar) cream cheese and marmalade, it's really good. Bitter orange marmalade is my favourite for this, but of course any other works too — to each their own. The cheese adds creaminess to the dish and enhances the flavour of the marmalade.

Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada