Homemade Pancakes with Maple Syrup: Easy Recipe

I started 2009 with a breakfast of pancakes with maple syrup, cooked ham and jam, all washed down with freshly squeezed orange juice. Start well and you'll end well — let's hope 2009 is a bit better than 2008, that all the world's conflicts get solved and that my back improves.

My wife loves pancakes, and especially maple syrup.

For the occasion I had a high-quality Canadian maple syrup from a Christmas gift. In my department at work, since some people receive gifts from clients and suppliers and others don't, all the gifts are pooled and raffled among everyone. There aren't many, but there are always one or two bottles for each person. I really like this tradition.

This time there was also a bottle of maple syrup, which I'd had my eye on before the raffle started. In the end I won two bottles of wine, but I managed to swap one of them with a colleague for the syrup. Thanks, Conxi.

On to the pancakes:

Homemade pancakes with maple syrup

Ingredients

  • 1 egg
  • 150 g flour
  • 150 ml milk (3/4 of a glass)
  • 2 heaped tablespoons of sugar
  • 3 tablespoons of oil
  • 1 heaped spoon of baking powder (Royal)
  • 1 pinch of salt

Method

Mix everything together as if making crêpes, and whisk. Pour about 4 or 5 tablespoons of batter into a very non-stick frying pan, hot and greased with butter. They should be smaller than crêpes, but thicker.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris