Fast Spanish Omelette with Potato Crisps

Some time ago, Ferran Adrià came up with a Spanish potato omelette that could be made in very little time, using potato crisps.
We could classify this omelette as a process innovation. We drastically cut the preparation time, although the result suffers; obviously it's not the same. This practically creates a new product, but one that can substitute for the original on certain "special" occasions.

Yesterday, Sant Jordi, was a special occasion: I got home at 15:15 with very little time for lunch, and the fridge was half empty (maybe I've become a pessimist).

I saw that there were a few potato crisps left over from another day, and I decided to try this potato omelette.

I beat an egg, added the tip of a spoon of baking powder (I don't know if Adrià did that, but it makes it fluffier), added the crisps, stirred them in, breaking them up with a fork, everything into the pan and the omelette is done.

The result isn't bad if we look at it in terms of quality versus time. Obviously a normal potato omelette is much better, but with this trick, yesterday, after only 5 minutes of cooking, I was eating something quite similar to a Spanish omelette.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris