Spaghetti with Prawns and Garlic

My mother used to make this dish some years ago; lately she never does. I must ask her to make it again this summer, because it came out delicious, much better than mine of course, even though it's not difficult at all.

The dish is based on browning some finely sliced garlic in olive oil for a few seconds, adding the peeled prawns, tossing them a couple of times in the pan, then adding the pasta (already boiled, obviously), and that's it.

Today, Sunday, I had no garlic at home; let's say I had no garlic in good condition, since I did have a bulb that was past it and has gone, head first, into the bin.

Although it's not as good without garlic, it was good because today the star was the pasta. This morning, on my way back from the gym where I'm trying to put an end to my back problems, I came across a fresh pasta shop. The shop has a fun name, Pasta Luego, and it's on Carrer Casanova just below the Diagonal. I asked for spaghetti for two, even though I was on my own (as I will be for two or three days), and paid 3.45 euros.
It was excellent; I'll definitely buy it again and make it with prawns again, but this time I'll buy garlic.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris