Lentils with Rice: a Simple, Balanced Family Classic

I've already talked here about my fantastic lentils with vegetables, and about the ones my mother makes, which are on another level altogether. One dish that has been made at my parents' house for as long as I can remember is lentils with rice.

Not long ago, on a programme about nutrition, they mentioned this dish as an example of a perfect combination of ingredients: having cereals (in this case rice) and legumes on the same plate is apparently very balanced and healthy.

To make it, simply cook a few extra lentils whenever you make them and keep them aside. Then, when you want this dish, boil some rice with a little more water than usual and add the lentils for the last 10 minutes.

By the way, I read a trick for cooking lentils in an Indian cookbook a work colleague lent me. To make the liquid part of the lentils a little thicker, mash a few lentils with a fork and stir well. A brilliant trick.


🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris