Mini Caprese Salad with Kumato Tomatoes

Mini Caprese salad with Kumato tomatoes and mozzarella

Caprese salad is a classic in Italian restaurants and, because it's so easy, in many homes too. 

Besides being easy, almost everyone likes it; as always, the key is good ingredients.

Make it with a good tomato, buffalo mozzarella and a good olive oil and you'll enjoy a simple dish; perfume it with a basil leaf as well and you'll be in heaven.

This time I used Kumato tomatoes, those small dark tomatoes we've been finding in the markets for a while now; they were especially sweet and tasty. I used the mozzarella I had at home at the time, a regular one from Lidl, which isn't buffalo but I quite like it, and it's very cheap.

The only change is in the classic way of assembling the salad, to make it a bit more appealing to the eye. I'm sure you've seen it somewhere before — this way of plating has even become a classic for Caprese in Spain.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris