Rice Paper: a Very Interesting Ingredient (Prawn and Coconut Rolls)
On my last visit to an Asian supermarket (there are already several in Barcelona), I couldn't resist picking up some rice wafers, or rice paper: thin, almost transparent sheets.
Working with them isn't easy, because as soon as you dip them in hot water they become very sticky and soft, which makes them hard to handle. It seems it's better if the water isn't so hot, and then to finish cooking the wrappers in the steamer, once the little parcels or rolls are made.
The aim was to make something with these wafers, so I made a stir-fry of some prawns I had in the freezer with coconut milk and a little of the Nomu Asian spice blend, and that's what I used as the filling.
They were tasty, but since I had trouble folding them properly, they didn't turn out very pretty. I need more practice; I'll keep you posted (I still have loads of wafers left).

Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada