Tender Wheat: How to Use It (with Sautéed Vegetables)

I love tender wheat, the kind you can easily find in supermarkets (in Barcelona, at least, it's the Nomen brand).

I'd say it's a 10/10 product: it's easy to prepare, it goes with lots of dishes, and it cooks in just 10 minutes, which is exactly why it gets a 10.

For those of you who have never used it, tender wheat tastes like pasta and looks like rice. I make it with vegetables, and the result is a really delicious dish.

The method is very simple. In a frying pan with a little oil, sauté half a spring onion, a carrot, a courgette (zucchini) and half an apple, in that order. Then add 150 g of tender wheat, previously boiled for about 10 minutes following the manufacturer's instructions. Give it a few stirs and you have a tasty, very healthy dish. I recommend it! The Nomen brand's product website has a few more recipes.


🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris