Classic Yogurt Cake: the Recipe That Uses the Yogurt Pot as a Measure


One of the purposes of this blog is to serve as a recipe database, so that wherever I am I can find the recipes I might need. A classic is yogurt cake, ideal for breakfast and afternoon snacks, and it can also be the base for other desserts.

The curious thing about this recipe is that all the quantities are proportional to the yogurt: in fact, you measure everything with the yogurt pot. As I said, a classic.

Ingredients
  • Classic yogurt cake
    3 eggs
  • 1 plain YOGURT (you can try other flavours)
  • 2 measures of sugar (measured with the yogurt pot)
  • 3 measures of flour
  • 1/2 measure of oil
  • 1 sachet of baking powder
  • Grated lemon zest (optional, like fog lights)

Method
Whisk the three egg whites to stiff peaks. Separately, beat the yolks with the sugar until pale (you can add a little milk to make it creamier), then add the yogurt and the oil to the mixture.

Next add the flour and baking powder, and gently fold in the egg whites little by little so they don't deflate.

Pour this batter into a mould greased with butter and bake at 180ºC until set.


That's it: just let it cool and enjoy.

Comentaris