Spaghetti Lucio: Pasta with Fried Egg

Spaghetti Lucio with fried egg
Today I've invented a name for a spaghetti dish I've been making for many years. For me it has gone from survival food to a real delicacy, as has happened, by the way, with many dishes of Spanish cuisine.

The spaghetti in question (not "spaghettis" — the "i" already marks the plural) is simply boiled pasta with fried egg. Put like that it sounds silly, but try to imagine it, mix the two flavours in your mind. Good, eh? As for the name Lucio, it's simply because today I read somewhere about Lucio's broken eggs with potatoes (huevos estrellados), hence the name.

Ingredients.
I like it with spaghetti, but you can use another pasta; the better the quality, the better the result.
2 eggs per person
Extra virgin olive oil

Method
Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water — and please don't waste olive oil in the pasta water, it's pointless. I prefer this dish with dried pasta; with fresh pasta I like other dishes, such as the limone, whose recipe is on the blog.

Put plenty of olive oil in a frying pan; you need good-quality oil. Fry the eggs to your liking, take them out and put them on a plate, and break them into small pieces with a knife and fork.

In the oil left in the pan (plenty, but don't overdo it), add the pasta and stir a little, about 10 seconds; add the chopped fried eggs, stir well for 5 seconds, take off the heat and serve immediately.

Delicious, and you'll always have the ingredients at home. It may be the most-made recipe on the blog. Try it and you'll make it again. Enjoy.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris