Only 10 Minutes to Cook? Quick Menu Ideas
Continuing the series of possible menus, which I started a few days ago with this menu for a dinner party, today it's the turn of dishes that can be made very quickly and will make you feel as if you'd spent an hour in the kitchen.
With the 10 minutes in the title of this post, I think you have to make a single main dish and a dessert; you didn't think I was going to suggest a six-course tasting menu that can be made in 10 minutes, did you? For magic, we already have Juan Tamarit.
One dish to enjoy is spaghetti Lucio — I'm sure the name already gives you an idea of what it might be; you'll find the recipe here. An express rice dish would be this one, which I published recently.
A quick but different salad you can make in no time is a tzatziki. Another salad to surprise people is a pear carpaccio like this one.
A pasta dish that takes 10 minutes, using fresh pasta, is this one. If you use dried pasta (that is, not fresh), there's a foolproof and simple trick to make it much quicker: it's as easy as putting it on to boil and phoning a friend; the 10–12 minutes will be gone in a flash.
And for dessert, a simple plain yoghurt, but served in something other than its own pot — in a glass, for example — with a touch of curry, some cereal and a little grated lemon zest.
Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada