Pork and Vegetables in the Wok: a Quick, Tasty Recipe

Wok

Lately I've been using the WOK a lot. Things cooked in this special pan taste different and cook quickly, because its shape concentrates the heat, and that way they pick up interesting textures and flavours.

I usually make chicken breast with vegetables, but I also use the WOK for the less attractive parts of the pork tenderloin, again with vegetables.

Pork tenderloin in the WOK

Ingredients

  • Pork tenderloin — for this dish I use the ugliest pieces (the ends)
  • A courgette
  • A handful of green beans
  • A carrot
  • An apple
  • An onion
  • Soy sauce
  • Sunflower oil
  • Ground ginger

Method

Cut all the vegetables into sticks, except the onion, which we'll cut into julienne strips.

Heat the wok, add a little sunflower oil and wait until it's hot. First add the onion, then straight away the green beans cut very small, and the carrot. After a few minutes add the meat, also cut into strips, and as soon as it takes on some colour, the courgette and the apple. Toss them for a bit (in other words, stir-fry them), add a pinch of ground ginger or very finely chopped fresh ginger, stir-fry a little more and add a generous splash of soy sauce, which takes the place of salt and gives it colour too.

That's it — we've got a delicious meat and vegetable dish.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris