Cod with Broccoli and Anchovies: the Anchovy Trick for Vegetables

Cod with broccoli and anchovies

Yesterday for lunch I wanted to make some vegetables to go with some cod loins.

I had broccoli, and what I did was add 4 or 5 anchovy fillets to it to give it a hint of the sea. That's the trick I want to explain in today's post.

When you add anchovies to a stew, they dissolve straight away, so you don't find them, but they give it a very special taste of the sea.

Boil the broccoli for about 15 minutes, then put it in a frying pan with a little butter and a few drops of olive oil and brown it, mashing it a little with a fork. To give it a different touch, add the anchovies — which also act as salt — and a little of their oil (only if they're good quality).

Funnily enough, I thought of doing it because I had a small jar of anchovies from L'Escala, the most famous in Catalonia. An excellent product, but because this fish is so scarce, it's currently outrageously expensive.

As for the cod, I simply dusted it with flour and fried it in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, about 4 minutes skin side down, then turned it, switched off the heat and left it covered to finish cooking.

With this post I'm not trying to explain a recipe, but a trick: adding anchovies to vegetables. I think we call anything a recipe these days. It was all very good, and it's a combination that makes you feel you're eating healthily.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris