Pea and Potato Purée Shots: a Fun Starter Kids Love

Pea and potato purée shots

The other day I improvised lunch at home with one of my brothers and his family. We decided at 12:30 that we'd all have lunch together at my place, and by 14:10 we were already eating.

I made a porcini mushroom risotto — partly because they were the ones who'd brought me the mushrooms from Italy, and partly because I had nothing else to feed 8 people half decently... and, well, I do have a blog.

There were 4 adults and 4 kids aged 6, 4, 3 and 2 — we were only missing one of the cousins, Ulan, who's 5, to complete the straight. My goodness, what beautiful kids.

I recently posted the recipe for my risotto with dried porcini on this blog of ours — here it is, all very easy.

But so there'd be something more, and more fun for the kids, and faced with a rather empty fridge, I turned to potatoes and frozen peas (always keep some at home!) and made a shot of pea and potato purée that was delicious.

Pea purée, if you blend it well and also pass it through a fine sieve, is delicious. I used frozen peas — funnily enough, in a video Ferran Adrià said that for many preparations he prefers them to fresh ones.

But the key to the success of these shots is undoubtedly the mashed potato my friend Bruno makes, which I posted on the blog quite a while ago. Let me find it — here it is. You'll see it's a calorie bomb, but you have to try it: it's delicious and raises the humble potato to serious gastronomic heights.

As for the presentation, as you can imagine it's done by pouring both purées into the glass at the same time (not easy). The kids found that very funny.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris