Baked Eggs, Jorge's Version (with Bacon, Cheese and Tabasco)

About 15 years ago, I met, in Perugia , Àngela, a friend of the woman who is now my wife. At the time Àngela was a friend of a friend of mine, with whom I was travelling around Italy, and with whom I went to Umbria and Tuscany.
Back then we were all on European grant programmes in Italy, meaning by all Àngela, the friend who is now my better half, and me.
As Àngela now lives in Madrid, we see each other from time to time. The last time we met was in Valencia, where we met up to see an exhibition at the IVAM. That day I told her and Jorge, her husband, about this blog of ours.
I recently found out that from that day on Jorge got into reading 3o4aldia.com, and he makes some of the recipes. We recently talked about my baked eggs post, a dish (huevos al plato) that brings back childhood memories for all of us in our forties. He promised me his recipe, photos included, and today I received it; here it is just as he explains it:
Ingredients
A base of Hida brand fried tomato. (I mention the brand because I think it's necessary, given the spectacular flavour this brand has achieved. If you haven't tried it, I recommend it.)
A couple of eggs.
A pack of bacon strips, any brand.
Herbes de Provence.
Pieces of Havarti cheese slices (I mention this type of cheese because of its mildness; although it's a fatty cheese, it doesn't feel like it in this dish, but it can clearly be replaced by another to suit the diner's taste)
A little salt on top of the yolks
... and the special touch (for those who like it) a few drops of Tabasco.
Method
The method isn't rocket science. After putting a bed of tomato in the dish, add Tabasco to taste and stir to spread the heat. Add the rest of the ingredients, leaving the cheese until last so it browns a little. Oven time: 11 minutes at 200º. Total preparation time 15 to 20 minutes.
You have to try it!
Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada