Microwave Potatoes, Browned in the Pan


My back is giving me trouble again; now I have a muscle tear, I think from some awkward movement while swimming (we'll see if that's what it was) or with the kids.

The doctor told me not to worry but that it needs rest and anti-inflammatories. It's very painful: I find it hard to breathe deeply, and the worst is when I laugh or sneeze. 

I think "visit the sick" was one of the works of mercy. When I told my friend Roque about my wretched back, he offered to come and see me at home and cook something nice.

I always have frozen desalted salt cod at home; I think it's a brilliant and very convenient invention. So, since the meal was improvised, we made cod. The novelty is the way Roque made the potatoes.

So here's an idea for making delicious potatoes in the microwave in 10 minutes, with a nice touch.

Wash the potatoes whole and put them in a microwave-safe bowl covered tightly with cling film. Add a little water and cook them for 8 minutes at 900 watts.

When you take the potatoes out, cut them into slices (see the photo), and here's the novelty: sear them in a non-stick pan with a drop of oil and a little salt, and that's how they get the wonderful colour you can see in the photo.

In this case they were a side for griddled fried cod (just a quick turn on each side), but they can be used for lots of things.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris