Chickpea Salad


In general we eat few pulses; several studies say so, and I see it at home too.

In summer (we're still in that season, even though going back to work doesn't make it feel like it), as I was saying, in summer it seems even harder to eat pulses, probably because we associate this food with the typical lentil stew and it sounds like a winter dish.

At my parents' house it's traditional in summer to eat a chickpea salad every now and then, and it's delicious. Basically it's the one I'm giving you below; I couldn't say in what proportions we put the ingredients.

Ingredients (no quantities, you'll have to do it by eye)
  • chickpeas
  • lettuce
  • onion
  • roasted pepper
  • hard-boiled egg
  • oil
Obviously a salad can take many things and you should keep trying new combinations, but with the ones I've listed you have a very fresh, healthy dish. To start, I'd make this one and then take out and add ingredients. The photo doesn't do it much justice.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris