Tzatziki, the Most Refreshing Greek Salad

Last week my father-in-law's cucumber harvest overwhelmed us.

I searched this blog of ours for an idea to use them up: I typed the word "cucumber" into the search box on the left of the blog, and found this cucumber and yoghurt salad made by Greeks and Turks, tzatziki. 

I posted the recipe here 
more than 3 years ago (the blog is now 3 years and 9 months old).

This time I also took some photos of it, making use of the Greek-like blue background of the windows of my in-laws' house in Ain; I love the photo.

There's no easier recipe than this one; what's more, it's refreshing and nutritious, and it makes a nice change from the usual salads, so necessary in these days of intense heat.

Ingredients (3 or 4 people)
  • 250 ml yoghurt (2 x 125 ml yoghurts)
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 large garlic clove
  • Chopped parsley and/or mint, salt
Method
Chop the cucumber very finely and mix it with the other ingredients. The parsley and/or mint should be finely chopped and plentiful; the garlic, also finely chopped, but less plentiful, to taste.

Serve it well chilled with a drizzle of olive oil, and you can accompany it with some black olives, which in this case I didn't have.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris