Ensaladilla Rusa: Spanish Russian Salad, My Mother's Way

Ensaladilla rusa, Spanish Russian salad with tomato

“Many Russians in Russia, very good the Russian salad.”

The hero of that old Spanish joke didn't know much about Russia, but he told two great truths — especially the one about the salad.

My wife isn't very fond of it, so we almost never have it at home, and I end up ordering it as a tapa when I trust the bar. I think it's a brilliant combination, above all because of how simple the ingredients are.

Whenever my mother makes it, to the usual boiled vegetables, mayonnaise and tuna she adds fresh tomato and green olives, all diced like the vegetables. I love the touch of freshness it gives, especially the tomato.

Not much more to say: if you haven't made it for a while, it's easy and, if you don't overdo the mayonnaise, I understand it's very healthy. With the tuna and hard-boiled egg you add protein and turn it into a one-dish meal. This Saturday I was home alone and made it just for myself, with fresh tomato, like my mother does.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris