Spaghetti al Limone: Creamy Lemon Pasta Ready in Minutes

Spaghetti al limone

I love pasta, and I like cooking it in different ways.

I've written here about several pasta dishes I make at home: a quick version of pesto, fusilli with escalivada, a carbonara presented differently, pasta with leeks, my super spaghetti Lucio, and fresh pasta made at home — oh, and that experiment with a super tortellone (not tortellini).

The other day I made these spaghetti al limone. I think I'd already mentioned them, but with the blog about to turn 3 (in January), it's time to repeat and reinterpret some recipes and ideas. Besides, I took a photo of them, and in any case I can assure you they're worth remembering.

They're very simple to make: just cream and lemon zest. For two people, heat 200 ml of cream and add the grated zest of one lemon — it's important to use only the yellow part, as the white pith is bitter. Heat for 3 minutes and turn off the heat. Meanwhile, boil the pasta following the manufacturer's instructions, drain it well and add it to the sauce. To serve, you can grate a little more lemon zest over the top.

Pasta is one of the quickest things to cook, especially this recipe. What takes longest is the boiling. There's a very easy trick to make everything boil faster: put the water on, set an alarm to remind you of the time, and then call a friend. The time will be the same, but it'll fly by.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris