Crispy Ham in the Microwave: a Quick, Mess-Free Trick

Some time ago, on the cooking blog "El menjat pel servit", I saw a trick for making crispy bacon (or cured ham) quickly in the microwave, without much smoke. I saved it in Evernote, an online tool with versions for PC, iPad, iPhone, Android and more, for saving information in web format (HTML), which I recommend you try.

The other day I wanted to make some crispy ham and remembered this technique. I went to my Evernote, quickly found the note exactly as I had saved it, with the explanation of how to do it, followed it, and it turned out fantastic.

It's as simple as placing slices of ham (or bacon) between sheets of good-quality kitchen paper (they need to be absorbent). As you can see in the pictures, put one sheet on top and two underneath, so the slices are completely covered. Microwave them for 4 minutes at about 600 W.

When you take them out, the water and fat have stayed in the paper, and you're left with super-crispy ham, in very little time and without making a mess of the kitchen.

And here are some photos to show it.


🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris