Olive Oil Ice Cream: Two Recipes

I still have to make this recipe, after tasting olive oil ice cream at a restaurant in Viver, a small village in Castelló. The restaurant in question is called Thalassa and, for me, it's one of the best I've tried (and that's saying something); it blends tradition and modernity perfectly. I'll talk about the restaurant in another post, although it's a bit far for most of you. Today I'll talk about olive oil ice cream, a delight.

I've found these two recipes to copy; I still have to try them. If anyone else feels like experimenting, please leave a comment.

Recipe 1

Ingredients 
Olive oil ice cream

  • 200 g sugar
  • 100 g Trimoline
  • 10 egg yolks
  • 100 g olive oil
  • 1 litre milk

Method 
Emulsify the yolks, sugar and Trimoline. Add the olive oil and milk and then mix with a blender. The mixture goes into the freezer, stirring it enough for it to set creamy, or into an ice-cream maker. Trimoline is the trade name for invert sugar.


Another recipe

Ingredients
  • 500 ml water
  • 300 g sugar
  • 100 g glucose
  • 350 g extra virgin olive oil
Method
Make a syrup with the glucose, sugar and water. Let it cool, add the extra virgin olive oil and pour everything into the sorbet maker.

They're very different. I'll try the second one first and add a few things so it resembles the one I had at the restaurant.

Does anyone have another recipe for this ice cream? I found these two on the internet.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris