Bikini Crêpes: Easy Ham and Cheese Crêpes
The other day a friend told me that the recipes on "this blog of ours" were very complicated.
I think there's a bit of everything.
Often my motivation for putting recipes on the blog is that I want to have them always online, so I can access them anytime, anywhere, using the blog as an online database.
Other times, the reason I post them is that someone has asked me for a recipe and it's easier to put it up here than to give it to them in another format.
At least once a week we eat crêpes at home. The kids love them and they're easy to make. I published another crêpe recipe on the blog here, but this one is super simple: with ham and cheese, or what we could call bikini crêpes (a bikini being the Catalan name for a toasted ham and cheese sandwich). Here's a very simple recipe.
Ham and cheese "bikini" crêpes
Ingredients
- A glass of milk
- A little less than a glass of flour
- An egg
- A pinch of salt
- Butter
- Grated mozzarella
- Cooked ham
Method
Blend the egg, flour, milk and salt with a hand blender and let it rest for two minutes. Put a non-stick frying pan on the heat with a little butter. When it's hot, pour in a little of the batter, spreading it well over the base until it covers the whole pan in a thin layer.
After a couple of minutes, when it comes away from the pan easily, turn the crêpe. Here we have (at least) two options: either we like juggling and toss it in the air and catch it acrobatically, or we slide something wooden underneath (there's a special spatula for turning crêpes) and flip it with a flick of the wrist.
Just after turning it, add the grated mozzarella (it's sold ready-grated for pizzas) and a few slices of cooked ham. Once the cheese has melted and the crêpe is done, take it off the heat after a few minutes and roll it up or fold it into quarters, whichever you prefer. To finish, I add a drizzle of olive oil on top.
Another option is to make lots of crêpes first (just the batter, filling them afterwards), but with today's version the mozzarella doesn't melt as well. The photo with this post is from a day when I made lots of them (you can see it's a mountain) to fill later with Nocilla.
Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada