Chicken Braised in Beer

The other day, looking back over the recipes I'd posted recently on this blog of ours, I realised there were very few with meat, so I'm making myself include more carnivorous recipes. Vegetarians, don't worry: I'll keep posting meat-free recipes too.

If you've arrived here from Google, you may have been looking for the recipe for chicken roasted in the oven with a beer can up its backside; this one is a chicken stewed with vegetables and a little beer.

Chicken in beer

Chicken braised in beer

Ingredients

  • 1 chicken of about 1 kg
  • 1/3 litre beer
  • 1 onion
  • 1 carrot
  • A little celery
  • 2 dessertspoons sweet paprika
  • 1 pinch ground cinnamon
  • 80 g butter
  • A little flour
  • Salt

Method

Clean the chicken well. Cut it into eighths (that is, 8 pieces) and dust it lightly with flour.

Cut the vegetables into julienne strips and sauté them in the butter, which should already be good and hot when you add the vegetables.

Add the chicken pieces to the vegetables and leave them over a (gentle) heat for a good while, making sure nothing burns, then add the beer. At this point check the salt, cover the pot and let it cook for 15 minutes, stirring and making sure it doesn't run out of liquid. To finish, add the sweet paprika (it could also be hot paprika) and the cinnamon dissolved in a little warm water. Carry on cooking for a few minutes more, now with the lid off. You'll see your kitchen fill with aromas, the prelude to a good lunch or dinner.

This dish should be served piping hot. It can be accompanied by boiled rice or, as I saw on an Italian cooking website, with polenta. Given how simple it is to make, I think you get a very satisfying and surprising result.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris