Green Salad Cream in a Shot Glass: a Fresh, Original Idea

Green salad served in layered glasses

If you're short of inspiration when it comes to preparing a meal, and you're still sitting at your computer, I recommend trying this Flickr feature, which plays you a slideshow of food photos.

With this tool, some photo or other will inspire a dish, but one thing is certain: it will make you terribly hungry.

The photo with this post could suggest, for example, a salad served in a glass (I'd seen it in a book by Carles Abellan, the soul of Comerç 24), and this photo reminded me of it. It could also take us to a shot glass of green salad cream. This dish (green salad cream) is something my grandmother used to eat in her last years, though served in a small soup bowl. It's made by blending all the ingredients of a traditional green salad with a little oil and a few drops of lemon juice. It's a dish I love, and it also brings back childhood memories.

Looking at the layers in the photo (I don't know why I call it a dish when they're glasses), we could make the green salad shot in layers. You just need to blend three ingredients separately and put them in the glass so that they show as strata: the green of the salad, the red of the tomato and the orange of the carrot. Finish with the oil on top and, instead of lemon, a few drops of Modena balsamic vinegar, which has a more striking colour.

So there you have it: looking at a series of pictures of dishes, we can quickly find inspiration to cook something, especially if we're hungry and the fridge is full. I encourage you to give it a try.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris