Homemade Pizza Dough in the Thermomix (Easy Recipe)
I'm not a chef, but when I feel most like one is when I make bread. One variation on bread that makes me happy in the kitchen is making pizza dough.
I don't always have time to cook, so I often use Buitoni pizza dough (the rolled-up kind), which is honestly quite good.
When I make the dough myself, the result is pretty good, but the moment in the kitchen is fantastic (better than the result): handling the dough, watching it rise, cutting it into pieces, rolling it out... it's magical — or at least it seems so to me.
I use the pizza dough recipe from the Thermomix book, with a few variations: once it's kneaded, I work it some more, let it rise and knead it again. The photos with this post are of my kitchen oven, with two mini pizzas I recently made with my kids. I let them choose the ingredients and each one assemble their own pizza — that way they're more likely to eat it afterwards. You have to make the choice of possible ingredients very clear at the start, or they'd both choose a chocolate pizza. Here's the dough recipe I use.
Pizza dough
Ingredients
- 200 ml water
- 50 ml oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 20 g fresh (compressed) yeast — available in many places now, for example at Mercadona
- 400 g flour
Method (with Thermomix)
Put the water, oil and salt in the Thermomix bowl and program a couple of minutes at 37 °C, speed 2.
Add the fresh yeast and leave for one minute at the same temperature and speed 3 so it dissolves well. Add the flour and knead for 3 minutes (the book says 1) on dough mode (the "ear of wheat" setting).
Take the dough out of the bowl with your hands moistened with oil. Funnily enough, it works!
Leave the dough to rest in a large, deep dish, covered with a clean cloth, for at least half an hour. This is a magical moment.
At this point I knead the dough again a little, dusting it with flour. Roll the dough out very thin on baking paper and carefully place it on a baking tray.
Add the toppings you like — I just recommend not overdoing the tomato.
Bake in an oven preheated to 225 °C for 15 to 25 minutes, checking from 10 minutes onwards. And enjoy.

Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada