Seared Salmon with Rice Noodles (Bifun) in 10 Minutes

Salmon with bifun rice noodles

Today I had salmon with bifun.

Bifun are long rice noodles — the equivalent of spaghetti in Asian cuisines, made from rice instead of wheat. You can buy bifun in lots of places now: besides the Asian shops found in most big cities, you'll also find them in health food stores and herbalists, among others. I bought mine in a Veritas supermarket.

I simply cooked the salmon (a boneless piece of loin) for 1 minute on each side in a frying pan with no oil at all, and added a little salt and freshly ground pepper.

I boiled the rice noodles for 5 minutes (this depends on the brand; I judged it by eye because the Veritas packet said nothing about cooking time). After boiling them I drained them well and stir-fried them in the same pan where I'd cooked the salmon, with a little oil, more pepper and soy sauce.

To present it as you see in the photo, I put a bed of noodles on the plate, the salmon on top — still raw in the middle — and covered it with more noodles. I cut into the salmon a little so you could see it in the photo.

A really good dish, which I cooked in about 10 minutes.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris