Tangerine Cream (Mandarin Custard)


Wandering through the fabulous cooking blogs we have just a mouse click away, back in March I landed on Gemma's blog, "La cuina de casa". Funnily enough, I think I met Gemma at a bloggers' dinner in Barcelona, though I can't be sure because there were a lot of us and she wasn't one of the people I talked to most.

Anyway, on her blog I saw a tangerine cream, and it didn't take me long to decide it was a good end for my super tangerines, with extra seeds and extra flavour.

Ingredients 
  • 1/2 l tangerine juice
  • Grated zest of one tangerine
  • 125 g sugar
  • 25 g cornflour
  • 2 eggs

Method:
In a saucepan, heat the juice, sugar and tangerine zest. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cornflour and add them to the pan. When the cream comes to the boil, take it off the heat and let it cool to room temperature. Serve the cream well chilled. 

The photo accompanying this post is, of course, of my own tangerine cream. It was spectacular, and it boosted my reputation as a good cook among the guests we had that day, Kike and Blanca if I remember rightly.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris