Caramelised Banana with Grated Chocolate
At weekends, if I cook something a bit more complicated than usual and the kids say "I don't like that", the typical illogical phrase about something they've never tried, I encourage them to try it by promising them a surprise for dessert.
Usually the surprise is something with chocolate, normally cut fruit with chocolate on top or ice cream with melted chocolate.
This time I made them a banana caramelised with the blowtorch (they love watching me do it), and I decorated it with chocolate shavings, simply by grating chocolate over the plate. Since it looked good, we decided to take a photo, and since there's a photo, there's a post.
To get the banana nicely caramelised, I put sugar on top of the banana, give it a good blast with the blowtorch, then add more sugar and torch it again; that way it ends up crunchier.

Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada