Courgette Cream Soup with Pesto

One of the dishes that never fails to appear on the weekly dinner menu at my house is courgette cream soup.
We make it with a little potato (not much), the courgette of course, a cheese portion per person (or a good spoonful of Philadelphia cream cheese) and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, already known in plenty of current food writing as EVOO.
My younger son loves it, but the elder isn't keen on blended things, creams and the like. I wonder if it's because he wouldn't eat anything solid until he was 2, and since then he doesn't seem to want to eat anything blended.
I've found a trick to make him like courgette soup: adding a quick pesto, which he loves. And if I also let him draw something with the pesto, success is guaranteed.
To make the quick pesto, I use two cubes of frozen basil, a little oil and Parmigiano Reggiano or, in this case, a little Grana Padano, Parmigiano's first cousin.
Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada