Coffee Marshmallows (Thermomix Recipe)
I think it's quite common in many offices in Barcelona, and I suppose elsewhere too, that when someone celebrates their birthday they bring something to eat to share with their colleagues.
At my company, at least a couple of times a week we have something extra at lunchtime. There are real cake masters, and some who rely on the bakery (pay attention to the products used) — in fact, it takes all sorts.
My birthday is in August — in fact I seem to be having more and more of them, or at least that's my impression. On 2 August to be exact, two days and a few years before Zapatero and Obama, who were both born on 4 August. I'm usually on holiday in August, so I never bring anything.
Today I tried an experiment, based on a recipe I saw on the blog Webos Fritos. Tomorrow I'll take it to work — I'll make up some occasion.
Anyway, I've made Coffee Marshmallows. Juan Luis Guerra's song “Ojalá que llueva café” comes to mind; it's late, I'm sleepy and I have a bit of a cold, so forgive me for rambling.
Here's the recipe.
Ingredients
- 3 sachets (10 g each) of unflavoured powdered gelatine
- 200 ml water
- 300 g sugar
- Icing sugar or cornflour
- 3 tablespoons Nescafé (instant coffee)
Put the gelatine, water, Nescafé and sugar in the Thermomix bowl. Set 10 minutes at 100 °C, speed 2. After the 10 minutes, let the mixture cool in the bowl for a couple of hours.
Once cool and half set, set 6 minutes at speed 5½.
Line a rectangular tin of about 15 x 23 cm with cling film. Dust it with icing sugar and pour in the whipped gelatine. Leave at room temperature for about 12 hours. After that, turn the gelatine out onto a board and, with a large, very sharp knife, cut it decisively into strips and then into rectangles.
Coat them in icing sugar or, if you like them a little less sweet, coat them in cornflour — the effect is the same.
I've already eaten the ugliest ones, and they're very good. 100% sweet-shop texture. They turned out very well; I need to improve my cutting technique a little so they look a bit prettier.

Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada