Avocado Cream: a Smooth, Blended Take on Guacamole

I wanted to make a different kind of semi-guacamole, and I thought of blending it so it could be eaten as a cream. It certainly doesn't improve on the original, but it's a different way to enjoy it: as a starter with a little toasted bread or the classic tortilla chips.

The proportions were one large salad tomato (they're starting to be really good and well priced), a perfectly ripe avocado, a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and a little lemon zest, to freshen it up and add aroma.

I put everything in the Thermomix and blitzed it at full speed, to aerate the cream well and make it as fluffy as possible. Since it was still very thick, I added a little water until I got the consistency I was after, which was none other than that of a vegetable cream soup.

As I said: good, but as almost always happens, a long way from the original.


🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris