Homemade Waffles Recipe

Homemade wafflesFor about 10 years I've had a cast-iron waffle iron, the kind that goes straight onto the flame, and I love it.

This morning we made waffles. I'm leaving the ingredients here because they turned out really well; these quantities make about 10-12 nice thick waffles.

The recipe is simple: mix all the ingredients well, pour the batter into the waffle iron, which should be very hot and greased with a little butter so the waffles don't stick, and give them one minute per side.

Serves: 10–12 waffles  ·  Prep time: 10 min  ·  Cook time: about 2 min per waffle  ·  Difficulty: Easy



IngredientsHomemade waffles

  • 300 g flour.
  • ½ litre milk.
  • 70 g sugar.
  • 100 g butter.
  • 2 eggs.
  • 1 sachet of baking powder.
  • A pinch of salt.

Method

There's no secret to it: mix the ingredients well, except the butter, which we use to grease the waffle iron so they don't stick.

Time? Keep testing. Every waffle iron is a world of its own, and if it's like mine and goes straight onto the flame, there are lots of variables to take into account.

Tips and frequently asked questions

Why do my waffles stick?
The iron is not hot enough or not greased. Heat it well and brush it with a little butter before each waffle.

How do I know when they are done?
When they stop steaming and come away easily from the iron, golden on both sides. With a stovetop iron, about a minute per side; electric irons vary.

Can I make the batter the night before?
Yes, keep it covered in the fridge. Stir it before using and add a splash of milk if it has thickened too much.

What do I serve them with?
Icing sugar, honey, maple syrup, chocolate, whipped cream or fresh fruit. Leftovers freeze well and can be reheated in the toaster.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris