Pizza Maria: a Summer Pizza from a Milan Pizzeria
A few weeks ago I posted a recipe here for a calzone, with the photos I took during the process. What started as an experiment turned into a great success: for me, without a doubt one of the best calzones I've eaten in Barcelona, and certainly the best calzone farcito (because I haven't managed to get anyone to make me one anywhere).
Today I'm suggesting a special pizza for summer, one I used to eat years ago on many July nights on the terrace of the Premiata Pizzeria in Milan: the pizza Maria, or calzone Maria. I make it at home now, when the good weather arrives, using Buitoni pizza bases.
Tip: to make the dough thinner and get a bigger pizza at the same time, I stretch out the rolled-up base a little, after flouring it and flouring the work surface.
Pizza Maria
Make the pizza following the manufacturer's instructions, as if it were a margherita. Just put a little tomato on the dough and plenty of mozzarella on top.
Once it's out of the oven (it cooks in about 7 minutes with the oven at around 180 °C), top it with rocket and very thinly sliced serrano ham, lettuce and chopped raw tomato, and a good drizzle of (extra virgin) olive oil. It's very important to serve it straight away, otherwise the greens wilt.
The calzone version is spectacular: you break open the volcano that forms on the calzone and stuff the rocket, ham and the rest of the ingredients inside. Delicious, delicious, delicious.
Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada