Picadillo Maki: Rice and Picadillo Rolled Like Sushi

A few months ago I came up with a version of one of my wife's favourite dishes, rice with meat picadillo. The idea was to improve and modernise the presentation.

The dish itself is simple, but the minced meat with sherry and the fried plantain give it a very special flavour, with lots of nuances, a mix of tastes and aromas that complement each other very well.

To make the meat picadillo, go to the post where I explained the original dish; you have it right here, (I don't feel like rewriting it, or copying and pasting).

The innovation is based on what we could call “makifying” the dish, that is, giving it the structure of a maki, the typical sushi preparation with nori seaweed.

In the photos on the right you can see the process. Here you can also see a day when I made sushi. On the nori we put the rice, then a layer of minced meat, and on top the fried plantain.

I'm not giving the recipe, just the clues to make it; you know this is a blog of ideas more than recipes, there are too many recipes already. In the final photo you can see I served the rice with soy sauce; although I wasn't very convinced, the combination worked. If you click on the photo you'll see it bigger and appreciate the details better.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris