Zucchini and Serrano Ham Pizza
I mentioned that this summer I had an "overbooking" of zucchini. My father-in-law's vegetable patch produced more than we could eat, and they were delicious too, so we had to cook zucchini dishes non-stop. I've already written about the bruschetta and the carpaccio.
For this zucchini pizza I used a ready-made Buitoni base. I don't recommend frozen bases at all — they have nothing to do with real pizza. The rolled-up bases we've talked about, which come with baking paper, are much better. Making it by hand is also very easy; with the Thermomix it takes no time at all.
I cut the zucchini quite thin, as you can see in the photo, and cooked them in a frying pan with oil for about 5 minutes, turning them after 3. Since they didn't go into the oven afterwards, that was all the heat they were going to get.
I made the pizza as if it were a margherita: a little tomato on the base and plenty of mozzarella on top, 10–15 minutes in the oven at 200 °C. Then, once out of the oven, I added a layer of the fried zucchini and, on top, thinly sliced serrano ham. Delicious.

Comentaris
Publica un comentari a l'entrada