Ideas for a Dinner Party Menu

Wine for a dinner with guests

Some friends have told me they use this blog of ours when they have guests for dinner. Ever since I found out, I've felt a great responsibility whenever I write a recipe on the blog. In the next few posts I'll try to suggest different, interesting dinners, using recipes I've published on the blog, of varying difficulty and effort.

This time I'm suggesting a dinner you can have completely ready in advance.

A slightly more elaborate dinner needs starters that surprise. For example, a salmon roll, or a pea and ham shot.

I'd steer clear of nibbles, especially crisps, olives and the like.

For the first course, now that the good weather is (hopefully) on its way, I'd suggest a courgette carpaccio or a tomato, avocado and mozzarella salad.

For the main course, I'd make an Italian dish that's served cold, vitello tonnato: those who don't know it will be surprised, and those who've already tried it in a restaurant will see that it's really simple to make.

A sole ceviche would also be good (spectacular): using frozen sole fillets it works out very cheap, and you'll avoid nasty things like Anisakis.

A more ambitious option is to make one meat dish and one fish dish; in that case, I suggest very small portions.

For dessert, for example, an apple compote crêpe with Calvados — sublime. This can be the only hot dish of the dinner: warm the Calvados and flambé the crêpe at the table. That will give the evening a Cirque du Soleil touch.

If you round off the dinner with a basil and mint sorbet, they might even do a Mexican wave. Good luck, and enjoy your success.

🌐 Llegeix aquesta recepta en català

Comentaris